Save the date!! October 1st, 2022 10:00am to 11:30am at St. Joseph Marello Parish Granite Bay
Brunch with the Bishop is an opportunity for Catholic Scouting leaders, pastors, parish representatives, the Catholic Committee on Scouting and staff from the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry to discuss the important role of scouting in Catholic Youth Ministry and the life of our parishes. Attendees will also learn about diocesan policies for unit leadership, volunteer codes of conduct, and the parish/unit or troop memorandum of understanding.
This meeting is an opportunity for unit and parish leaders to get answers to questions like...
- What does the statement "scouting is Catholic youth ministry" mean for my unit and parish?
- How do scouting youth programs best participate in and contribute to parish ministry life?
- What programs and awards does the Catholic Committee on Scouting support?
- To what extent does the parish have responsibility for program risks, assets, and volunteer behavior?
- What are the diocesan policies and expectations for leader selection and conduct?
- Who is the "Charter Organization Representative", and what do they do?
Contact the Catholic Committee for more information!