The 2020-21 school year has been unpredictable, but we have learned a lot during this time. Our biggest takeaway is that lessons designed for the traditional classroom are not well-suited to online. Online learning requires curriculum that is designed for online delivery and teachers trained to teach in an online classroom. Therefore, in order to provide you the best learning options and experience, the Diocese of Sacramento is offering two online-only options for those who prefer learning outside the traditional classroom.
The new K–8 program will be provided through Blessed Sacrament Online Academy, managed by the Diocese. The high school program will be offered by St. Patrick–St Vincent High School. Both online options will be offered in partnership with Catholic Virtual, an online education provider serving Catholic schools and students worldwide for over a decade.
Catholic Virtual not only shares our commitment to high-quality Catholic education but also to the Catholic faith. Here are a few other reasons why we chose Catholic Virtual to be our online learning partner:
- Classes are designed with online learning and Catholic values in mind, giving your children an authentic Catholic online learning experience
- Classes incorporate both asynchronous (self-paced) and synchronous (teacher-led live sessions) components
- Streamlined, fully integrated learning management systems offer students access to all classwork with a single sign-on
- Parents have access to student pacing and performance information through My Virtual Campus guardian account
- An extensive library of core subjects, engaging electives, and religion class ensures your child is nurtured both academically and spiritually
As you think about next year, we want to be sure you have the information you need to make a well-informed decision about your child’s education. So, with the help of the Catholic Virtual team, we will be hosting a series of parent information sessions in the next few weeks. During these sessions, we will provide an overview of our new programs and Catholic Virtual. We also will provide detailed information on how to register.
We want to remind you that these new options are for families seeking an online-only learning option. If your child prefers our traditional classroom setting, we encourage you to keep them there.
If you are interested in learning more about our online K–8 and high school programs, please visit our website for more information or register to attend one of our information sessions. Information sessions will be held online on:
- Tuesday, June 22 at 6:30 p.m. (Pacific)
- Tuesday, July 13 at 6:30 p.m. (Pacific)
We look forward to continuing to support you and your family.
Executive Director of Schools
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento