Bishop Jaime Soto announced a special collection to support the local Church’s efforts to assist the families affected by the fires in Redding, Shasta, Trinity, Sutter, Siskiyou and Lassen counties on Aug. 13, 2018. Read more »
Northern Valley Catholic Social Service (NVCSS) in Redding and the local St. Vincent de Paul Society Council and parish conferences are working together with local community partners to help those in need. Donations raised from the Diocese of Sacramento Fire Assistance Fund will go to supporting these local efforts.
The Diocese of Sacramento is also setting up a Fire Assistance Fund Mini Grant to assist local parish ministries who are working to help families affected by the fire.
Fire Assistance Fund Mini Grant Requirements: Catholic agency, parish or parish ministry providing direct assistance to families affected by the fire. Please provide:
- Agency/Parish Ministry Name
- Contact Person/ Contact Info
- Project Summary - Briefly summarize the proposed project, including target population, project scope of services, budget
- Need – Describe the community need that the project is addressing
- Impact - Describe the impact that the project to the community
- Funds Requested – $500-$1,500. Agencies seeking funds above $1,500 maximum should contact John Watkins at 916-733-0254 to discuss your particular situation.
Please send all grant requests to John Watkins at email@example.com before October 12, 2018.